Search & Win

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

22 Days Til 30 - "Rocky Horror" Rehearsals Have Begun

We're almost through the first week of rehearsals for "The Rocky Horror Show" at York Little Theatre. Things are going well so far. Well, I guess that's to be expected since we're so early in the process. I can't speak highly enough about the people involved, most of whom I've worked with before in one capacity or another. I had actually joked not too long ago that it's been close to two years since I've gotten re-involved at YLT, at some point I'll look at a cast list and go "Yep, I know all of these people". Well, that happened with this show. I should be facetiously prophetic more often.

Monday was a read-through and rough sing-through of the show with last night and tonight focused on learning the music in greater depth. I think everyone sounds pretty good so far, I can only imagine how even better we'll sound as we get closer to opening night.

First dance rehearsal is tomorrow night. We'll be working on "Eddie's Teddy" and "The Time Warp". Should be an interesting and long night. I don't mind, of course. I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight, Lee - the director - told me he'd like me to try and grow mutton chops for the show. This should be interesting. The aesthetic the director is going for with this production is Steampunk, and what little knowledge I have about the sub-genre has shown me that this is a common look for men. We'll see how this goes. A friend of mine suggested I do a time lapse video of the process. I think it's a cool idea, but I have neither the time, patience or equipment to do so and to do it well. But I will document the process through pictures probably every week or so. I'll likely post them on here in addition to Facebook and Twitter so keep an eye out for those.

Guess that's all I have for now. Hard to believe it's almost September and my birthday inches ever closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment