Search & Win

Monday, July 25, 2011

Overlooked 90s One-Hit Wonders - 1996

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something

How did this not make VH1's list? Regardless of your opinion of the song, you have to admit it's very catchy.



Missing by Everything but the Girl

Let's be honest, I can't be the only one who thought the chorus was "Like the desert's masquarade". Not like that phrase makes much sense, but that's what it sounded like to me.



In The Meantime by Spacehog

Such a great, but largely forgotten song. I was thrilled when I read it was going to be a playable song in Rock Band 3. And such a perfect choice too for the new keyboard controller



Closer to Free by The BoDeans

It was the theme song to Party of Five, one of FOX's most popular shows of the 90s. Granted, I never watched the show myself but I remember all the commercials talking about how great everyone thought it was. It's a catchy tune that basically says "Everyone is free to do what they want. And that's great!"



Everything Falls Apart by dogs eye view

In contrast to the last song, this one's message is more like "Everything goes to Hell sometimes. Oh well".



Flood by Jars of Clay

Who would've ever thought a Christian Rock band would achieve mainstrean chart success? Look no further than this song,



Children by Robert Miles

I'll just let the music speak for itself. Sit back, listen and enjoy.



Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla

Again, another omission from VH1's list that shocked me.



I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis

A song that still won't leave me to this day. Of course, that's mostly due to the fact that it plays in regular rotation on the in-store music system at my job.



Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand by Primative Radio Gods

Boy, that's a wordy title. Another song that reminds me of its existance thanks to the in-store music system. However, unlike the aforementioned song, I'm really not a fan of this song. But it was inescapable the year I entered my teens, so it's earned its place here.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Spacehog and Bodeans two more bands I have seen live. Spacehog opened for REM and were cool. Bodeans played a concert before Violent Femmes and Violent Femmes apologized after how terrible the Bodeans were

    ReplyDelete