Search & Win

Monday, July 25, 2011

Overlooked 90s One-Hit Wonders - 1990

Last night I watched VH1's 40 Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the 90s. It was an entertaining countdown to watch. But I definitely think there were a lot of valid options that were excluded from the list. Also, only 40? That seems like a fairly low number for a "definitive countdown" if you ask me. Why not a top 100 like they've done in the past? It's not as if there was a lack of songs to choose from. So I decided to think of some other one-hit wonders from the 90s that were left off the list and post about them here. Wikipedia's list of 90s one-hit wonders is being used as a reference source and, when able, YouTube will provide music videos. Also just because I list a song on here doesn't necessarily mean I like it. So as far as musical tastes go, proceed with caution. Since this might be a extensive look, I'm going to go one year at a time. So let's get started with 1990!

Joey by Concrete Blonde

I love this song! Every now and then it pops into my head and doesn't leave. And I don't mind in the least.



Groove Is In The Heart by Deee-Lite

If you claim you've never heard of this song before, you're lying. It's totally a guilty pleasure of mine. Give in to the groove!


Hippychick by Soho

Kind of an obscure song, but I remember it very well. And I think it'll come back to you very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment