Search & Win

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Mid-to-Late 90's Called, And They're Coming Back

Oh, 1995-1999, you memorable span of time. I don't recall everything I personally did in that span of time. But something I do remember very clearly, the music. During these years, I was aged 11 to 16 and my personal tastes in media were beginning to form. The alternative/modern rock boom was in full force and dominating the radio waves and MTV's music video rotation. Yes, I remember when MTV used to show videos. Incredible, isn't it?

Anyway, last week I heard from a very close friend of mine about a concert tour running this summer called The Summerland Tour. The tour consists of five bands very big during the mid-to-late 90's; Marcy Playground, Gin Blossoms, Lit, Sugar Ray and Everclear. Bands responsible for writing and playing some of my favorite songs from adolescence... and Sugar Ray. Sorry, but Sugar Ray never did it for me. Now had the fifth spot been filled by another band from MTV's Buzz Bin era like say Superdrag, Letters To Cleo, Fastball, Weezer or Better Than Ezra, then MY HEAD A SPLODE!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to completely write off this tour because of my ambivalence towards Sugar Ray. In fact, I really want to go see this show! This is the first summer festival tour I've heard about in years that I'm excited about seeing. All the details haven't been ironed out yet, but I'm hoping to go see the show outside of Washington D.C. this July with my friend Lynds who brought this concert to my attention. If I do go, I'll definitely discuss it either here, on the podcast or in vlog form. It'll depend.

The tour itself starts in June and runs until early August. If you're a fan of any of those five bands, or 90's alternative rock in general, check out this tour! More information can be found at the official website, http://summerlandtour.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment