Search & Win

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow... ugh.

So Central PA recieved a significant amount of snowfall last night. And frankly, I couldn't possibly be less pleased. If the snow had completely passed us by, I'd have been absoultely fine with that. If we only got a dusting, I guess I'd be OK with that also. But no snow is much more preferred.

Last year during the painfully, brutal winter we had, someone asked me why I disliked the snow so much. Now in their defense, the person asking me this was still in college. So the possibility of classes being delayed by a few hours or cancelled outright was still a reality for them. I, however, have been out of school for close to five years now. I work in retail. The concept of the snow day is dead to me. Now when it snows my inner monologue no longer says "All right, a day off! Sweet!" Instead, it gripes, "Dammit, now I have to shovel the driveway, shovel the sidewalk, dig out the mailbox if necessary and drive to and from work in this crap!" And it wasn't just recently this change took place. The first winter after I graduated from college and the snow fell... instant change of mind. What a difference a few months made.

My brother and I got all the shoveling taken care of,  the roads are apparently pretty well plowed and the sun is actually out. So maybe things will start to melt off a little today. Although, the weather says the temperature is still in the 20s so that might be out of the realm of possibility. Though as long as the roads are manageable, I should be able to get to and from work just fine this afternoon/evening. Although I'd much rather not have to deal with roads and snow in tandem, but I guess there's not much I can do about that at this point.

And despite this diatribe against the snow, please be careful if you're in an overly snowy area and need to travel anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment