Search & Win

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I've Been Going About This All Wrong

Sometimes it takes the actions of another person to put things into perspective. Case in point, a good friend of mine started a blog of her own yesterday. The last sentence of her introduction is as follows, "Right now, I'm just hoping to write".

That's the point of a blog, to write for the sake of writing when you have something to write about at your own pace. No one dictates that you have to write something at a particular time. Unless you're a professional blogger and companies have deadlines set for you. But that's not the case for me. That's not my job. I'm just an ordinary guy.

I've been far too harsh on myself for not keeping up with the MST recaps, or podcast episodes or other such content. And really, I don't understand why. No one's been breathing down my neck about it or critisizing me for not being on any sort of set and structured schedule. I don't think I'd know what a set and structured schedule would look like even if it bit me.

From here on it, I'm doing things at my own pace. Random blog posts; whenever they spring to mind. MST Recaps; when I have the time to do so. New podcast episodes; they'll surface when I have stuff to talk about  and have the time to sit and record it.

I'll write when I want to, when I'm able, when I have something to talk about. And hopefully, I'll keep up with it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment