Search & Win

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Random Writing Prompt for 10/23/11

Writing prompt courtesy of http://creativewritingprompts.com


Weave a poem that contains all these lines (in no particular order): "I tie the ribbon in a foolish way," "the delicious fragility of this travesty," and "where we still laugh and wish."


I tie the ribbon in a foolish way
hoping the gift will convey the words I can't bring myself to say.
Confidence is something I sorely lack,
but I've come this far, I can't afford to go back.

How I long to be young again
where the brashness of kids trumps the uncertainty of men.
Where we still laugh and wish and dream
and everything isn't as clear cut as it may seem.

But we never can regress,
we must only progress.
And I can not digest the delicious fragility
of this travesty.

So I have to summon up all my strength,
and prove I've gone to a great length.
Show her that she's the one I adore
and hope my affection she won't ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment